Repository Checks: Open Source Best Practices for your repository
Today, we are introducing automated checks to test your repository against Open Source Best Practices.
Open Source Best Practices
The Open Source community is known for their efforts in making their projects accessible for a wide range of people. These efforts include continuous improvements of
- easy access to good documentation
- clear guidance
- automated processes
- high-quality source code
Knowing all these small tricks and continuously staying up-to-date can be a full-time job. That’s the reason why we are introducing these checks for your repositories today!
Starting with the basics
We are starting with four basic checks:
- Description: Do you have one?
- Topics: What are the common themes of your project?
- Website: Is there a homepage for more information?
- Travis CI: Did you migrate away already, after they have been acquired?
It isn’t much, but it’s our foundation to improve. Stay tuned for the next checks.
In the meantime, have fun and start improving your projects!
Read other changes